Friday 29 May 2015

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS!

Here we are just 17 days until we come home for a summer visit.
                       I MADE IT!
 A couple of months in I wasn't sure if I could continue living here being so far away from my family and usual lifestyle. Not only did I miss my role as mother and grandmother to those at home but I also missed some of the freedoms I have taken for granted all my life. I couldn't see many steps ahead and really struggled with wanting to remain here. Even in the Saudi heat I was living through a winter of my life.
I am pleased to report that God's mercy brought me through as I prayed and pleaded for a willing heart.


Today as I write, I am very eager to board a plane, (actually several of them), to return home for the summer. Following are some musings as I reflect on the past year as well as look ahead.


-Ruby has learned to talk, goes to Nursery, loves to swim, rides a tricycle, cracks her own eggs for breakfast, recites stories from books, efficiently uses her IPAD to watch cartoons and Facetime Mammie.


-Jeneva grew from infant to toddler, got teeth, learned to walk, says a few words, (one of which is Mammie) :), and smiles a LOT.


I think first of my beautiful grandbabies when I think of home. I DO think of my kids and parents as well, of course!!!


-We have learned a whole new lifestyle and culture here.
-Our characters have been stretched and we have grown a lot.
-Our self confidence has increased.
_Our personal testimonies have deepened.
-Our appreciation for temporal well being has been strengthened.
-Our concern for others all around us has expanded.
-We realize more just how blessed we are to live in a free country full of abundance.
-We know even more surely that God knows where each of us is and that He reaches out to us all.
-We know even better that He answers prayer.
-We know He loves ALL His children.




We are grateful for this experience. It is often difficult to leave our comfort zones and try something different. It was with faith that we accepted this assignment and our faith has been rewarded in so many ways.
A few of my friends shared with me that they thought I was brave to come here. I wasn't sure if I would live up to this measure. However, I humbly say now that I feel that I/we have been courageous...and it feels good.


We expect to return here in August for at least another year. Who knows, perhaps I will be posting on this blog for a long time yet!


Homeward bound,
Clint, Liz and Carli

1 comment: